Prepared to Serve: Saturday, February 23, 2019
Prepared to Serve Seeking Presenters
Planning for the New Hampshire Conference, United Church of Christ Prepared to Serve 2019 event is well underway. The event will take place on Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the same location as last year - Pembroke Academy in Pembroke, NH.
Feedback from past events has suggested we add some additional workshops on the following topics:
- Sustainability with Decreasing Membership
- Bringing church into community
- Being a sanctuary church
- Accessible worship for people with disabilities
- Boundary Training for Laity
- “How to” Workshops for Church Board/Committee Members
(how to be a Deacon, Trustee, Church Administrator, Sunday School teacher, …)
- Music (Music ministry recruiting and retaining; blending contemporary and traditional, music that speaks to both the elderly and millennials, different types of music and how to use them: contemporary, gospel, camp songs, …)
We welcome repeating successful workshops from previous events, but are also open to updated or new ideas. Please feel free to be creative and submit the workshop topic you feel called to present.
For additional information and details, please refer to the Presenter Letter of Invitation and the Presenter Registration Form (as a .pdf or as a Word Document).
Note: the deadline for Presenter Registration is November 30th. Hope to hear from you soon!
Highlights from PTS 2018: Worship, Workshops, Exhibits, and Fellowship!